> Access for able and less able
Disabled Access Statement For Clarion St Albans HotelThis access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Clarion Collection Hotel St Albans.
Situated in the historic heart of St Albans the Large Hotel is the perfect place to stay whether you are visiting for business or leisure. The hotel is situated on a slight hill with a gradual approach. Being in the centre of the city we are just a 5 minute walk from the main attractions, shops, restaurants and cafes.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01727 848849 or email email@example.com.
• For full details and maps of how to reach us please see the directions section of our website. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using a journey planning website; simply enter your postcode and ours, which is AL1 1HG to get directions.
• The nearest railway station is St Albans, which is 0.5 miles away (a 10-15 minute walk). Taxis are available at the station. If you require an accessible taxi this can be booked in advance, see contact information for details.
Car Parking and Arrival
• We have an onsite car park with 2 disabled spaces.
• Spaces can be reserved for guests by calling in advance.
Main Entrance / Reception / Welcome Area
• The Main Entrance has 4 steps, once inside the Lounge/Reception area has an even floor surface of marble.
• We have a side entrance for Disabled Guests, which is on the ground level with a low gradient ramp and lift access to the Reception/Lounge Area.
• The area is evenly and well lit with overhead lighting and wall lights.
• There is 1 ground floor accessible room.
• This can be reached via step free access from the side entrance.
• All entry doors are 900mm/35.5ins wide, light and easy to open.
• There are bedside and reading lamps in each room
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets (Ensuite or Shared)
• Our ground floor accessible bedroom has en-suite bathroom providing specific facilities for guests with disabilities, these include:
• Doors 34.5ins wide, easy to open
• Level entry shower
• The toilet height is 18ins.
• The wash basin height is 31ins, with clear space underneath.
• Grab rails, horizontal and vertical, are fitted around the shower.
Public Areas - Halls, Stairs, Landings, Corridors
• All public areas, halls, stairs, landings and lifts, are well lit using a combination of ceiling and wall lights. Corridors are lit by ceiling lights.
• Corridors are 60.5ins wide with the floor covering is short pile carpet.
• There is 1 lift with mirror on the side of the lift, the floor is short pile carpet.
Public Areas - Lounges, Lobbies
• The lounge area is situated on the ground floor with level entry from the reception and main entrance area.
• The lounge door is 36ins wide.
• The room has a mixture of seating with sofas and soft chairs with and without arms as well as some stools, together with low coffee tables.
• Lighting is natural daylight and by night levels are controlled by dimmer switches, with overhead and wall lighting used as well as table lamps around the room
• The Flooring is marble in both Reception & Lounge
• Bar food & drinks can be served in the Lounge, Please ask as member of staff for menus
• The nearest toilets are at Reception and include an accessible toilet.
Restaurant/Dining Room, Bar & Bar area
• The restaurant and bar are situated on the ground floor with level entry from low gradient ramp at side entrance,
• Tables in restaurant are well spaces apart.
• The bar area has a mixture of sofas, soft chairs and upright chairs with low tables. Drinks and food can be served at the table
• Public toilets can be found on the ground floor with lift access from Reception, lounge, bar and restaurant areas.
• Conference / Meeting rooms are located in first floor and do not have lift access
Conference and Meeting Rooms
• Our conference and meeting rooms are on the first floor and can not be accessed by lift.
Address (Inc postcode): Ryder House 27 Holywell Hill St Albans AL1 1HG
Telephone: 01727 848849
Grid Reference: TQ 30046 79914
Hours Of Operation: 24 hrs
Local Accessible Taxi: A1 Taxis
Local Public Transport: St Albans Train Station & Abbey Line