Clarion Collection Hotel St Albans is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Clarion Collection Hotel St Albans may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 6th August, 2013.
What we collect
We collect Personal Information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, address, contact information, occupation, credit card and other payment information, and personal interests and preferences when you:
• Apply to be a registered user of this Website;
• Visit the web pages on this Website that can be accessed without the need for registration;
• Make an online booking through the website of our Franchisor, Choice Hotels Europe/Choice Hotels International or such other subsequent service provider as we may use from time to time;
What we do with the information we gather.
Information Collection and Use
1. Your Personal Information will not be sold, transferred or otherwise conveyed to unaffiliated third parties without your approval at the time of collection. At such point of collection, you shall have the opportunity to indicate whether you would like to "opt out" of receiving promotional and/or marketing information about other services and offerings from Clarion Collection Hotel St Albans or any third parties. Your request for us to cease sharing your Personal Information with other entities for marketing purposes will only take effect from the date we receive your request.
2. However, Clarion Collection Hotel St Albans reserves the right to contact you regarding matters such as details of your booking, payment status, feedback on your accommodation and other matters relevant to the Online Services and/or the Personal Information collected.
3. Clarion Collection Hotel St Albans reserves the right to do any of the following with the information collected from you;
3.1 Perform statistical analysis of user behaviour and characteristics in order to measure
interest in and use of the various areas of this Website.
3.2 Use your Personal Information to help us develop and improve this Website, tailor this Website to your interests, and maintain our internal record keeping. We may match information collected from you through different means or at different times, and use such information along with information obtained from other sources, including third parties; and
3.3 Send you notices (for example, in the form of e-mails, mailings, and the like), and otherwise correspond with you about our services, promotions, contests and events which we think might interest you.
3.4. Clarion Collection Hotel St Albans may offer electronic newsletters and e-mails as a service to our customers and users of this Website. You may receive a newsletter or promotional e-mail from us if you agree during registration, or during your other activities on or through our Website to receive these items.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links/hyperlinks to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes;
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com;
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Clarion Collection Hotel St Albans, Ryder House, Holywell Hill, St Albans, Hertfordshire, UK, AL1 1HG.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Booking Terms & Conditions
- Clients and their guests are required to conduct themselves in a reasonable manner at all times. Unruly clients and their guests will be evicted with no refund of monies paid.
- The hotel reserves the right to hold the client liable for any loss or damage to its property, fixtures and fittings, including items hired for their use. They may also be held liable for injury to any persons, including the hotel staff, that arises from client’s actions.
- Except in their rooms, Clients and their guests may not consume food or drink on the premises that have not been supplied by the hotel.
- The hotel will not be liable for any failure to provide, or delay in providing, facilities or services as a result of events or matters outside the hotel control.
- The hotel will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the requirements of each client are met. However, the hotel reserves the right to provide alternative services of at least comparable standard at no cost to the client.
- Smoking - The hotel operates a strict no smoking policy. If it is found that you have been smoking in the room a £150.00 surcharge will be applied to your bill for specialised cleaning.
- Children under the age of 14 are not permitted in the Bar area unless accompanied by an adult.
- Bookings are only confirmed if supported by a credit card guarantee or deposit paid.
- All deposits and pre payments are non-refundable.
- All payments and/or deposits do not include children; this is payable/charged upon arrival.
- Individual bookings may be cancelled without penalty up until 2.00pm the day before arrival. Bookings cancelled after this time will be charged for the first night’s accommodation without further reference.
- Payment for accommodation must be made before or on departure as required at registration. The hotel will not be liable for any failure to provide specific rooms requested as a result of events or matters outside the hotel control.
- Guests are reminded that in the unfortunate event of them having to cancel their reservation outside our cancellation policy, they incur a liability to reimburse the hotel for any loss, which may arise as a result.
- Meals not taken will not be refunded. HALF BOARD terms do not refer or imply BAR SNACKS
- Should any signed unpaid charges arise after departure, the hotel reserves the right to charge your credit card accordingly, a receipt will be forwarded.
- The Clarion Collection Hotel St Albans reserves the right to alter or amend these Terms and Conditions of Business at any time.
- Accommodation will not be available on day of arrival before 2.00pm
Event Terms & Conditions
1. St Albans Clarion Collection Hotel (The Hotel)
You are contracting with the Hotel on terms set out in these Conditions which may only be amended with the agreement in writing of the General Manager.
2. Events covered by these Conditions
(a) corporate events such as meetings, conferences and events organised by or for business;
(b) special events such as weddings, parties and events organised by or for individuals.
3. What the Hotel will provide
(a) You may be given brochures, price lists and other written information such as menus on booking an event or making enquiries. These documents are examples only, current when provided and do not form part of any contract with the Hotel unless and until agreed in accordance with the following:
(b) The actual details of what is to be provided by The Hotel in respect of each event including, the menus, the provisional number of delegates/ guests, any equipment needed and the prices/price structure will be agreed with you within a reasonable period before the event. In the case of special events, you may be asked to sign a ‘day planner’ which will set out all the relevant information. When provisional number of delegates/ guests are agreed, you must confirm the actual numbers at least 48 hours before the event.
(c) Whilst The Hotel will use all reasonable endeavours to provide all the items agreed with you and in accordance with the agreed price/price structure, we reserve the right to make changes to any item which is necessary due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control, such as a food scare/ban resulting an increase in its prices. We will give reasonable notice of any changes and will try to find substitute goods or services of the same standards and prices wherever possible.
(d) Once the detail of what is to be provided has been agreed with you, then, if you wish to make any changes to any item, we will try to accommodate you if it is reasonable to do so in the timeframe but this may result in an increase in the prices agreed.
(a) For special events, a booking charge of such amount as is agreed with The Hotel will be made in order to reserve the venue on the required date and to cover the administrative costs of dealing with the booking. The outstanding balance in respect of all items which are pre booked/ordered is payable in full 7 days prior to the event. Non payment will result in cancellation or suspension of the booking or event. Credit is not available for individuals unless otherwise agreed with The Hotel.
(b) For corporate events, the availability of credit will be at our discretion. Where credit facilities have been granted, any outstanding balance must be paid within 30 days of the invoice date.
5. Your Obligations/Liability
(a)You must ensure that you, your delegates and any contractors comply with all Health and Safety laws, licensing laws and other relevant laws, rules and regulations of The Hotel. You must ensure that your guests/ delegates act in an orderly manner.
(b) You and your guests/contractors must not bring onto our premises any dangerous or hazardous or illegal items or substances without our prior consent.
(c) Permission to fix items such as posters onto our premises and to use The Hotel’s name , logos, or marks in respect of the event will be required in writing from us.
(d) You must notify The Hotel of any special requirements, dietary or otherwise of anyone attending the event which the Hotel may reasonably need to know.
(e) You will be responsible for and must indemnify The Hotel from and against all liability for and claims arising from: - any loss or damage to any property of The Hotel or any other person on our premises, and - any death or injury or illness of any person arising from or caused by the event or persons attending the event or engaged by you in respect of the event.
(f) You/guests bring your own equipment and property to The Hotel at your/guests’ own risk. The Hotel accepts no liability for loss or damage.
(g) You should ensure that you have appropriate insurance to cover your liability under para 5(e).
6. Force Majeure
If The Hotel is prevented from or hindered from hosting the event or providing any facility booked due to circumstances beyond its control (eg Government intervention, acts of God, civil disturbances, war, national or local disaster, strikes, labour disputes) then the liability of The Hotel shall not exceed the amount paid in respect of the event booked.
In the event of the booking being cancelled, The Hotel will make every effort to re let the facility that was booked. However, if it is unsuccessful in re letting then a cancellation charge will be incurred. This will amount to:
(a) Minimum – Deposit Loss,
(b) Maximum – 80% of expected food prices plus any direct costs incurred re the event cancelled.
You can not transfer your rights or obligations under these conditions to anyone else without the consent of The Hotel. When a booking is confirmed, a contract is deemed to exist. Any contract with you will be governed by English Law.
Special Offers - Terms & Conditions
- Please note: Our special offers are only available when booking direct at the hotel on 01727 848849.
- All rates are per person per night for standard accommodation inclusive of bed and breakfast for a minimum of 1 night stay.
- Only a certain number of rooms are available at this offer price on selected dates, subject to availability.
- Special offers valid for the dates quoted over the phone, please ask for details if not clear. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Available on new bookings only.
- A full non refundable, non transferable payment is required at the time of booking to confirm the reservation.
- Not all nights may be available at the Special Offer rate for the duration of your stay. If this is the case, then the standard tariff applies for those additional nights.